Intermediate Modern Calligraphy
This class is for the student who wants to expand on the concepts and techniques from our beginner-level class.
This 3-hour class covers:
- How to use the oblique pen holder (with a different nib assortment)
- Using gouache instead of calligraphy ink
- More detail on connecting letters, forming words, and practicing lettering variations (with an emphasis on a looser, organic style of lettering)
- Addressing envelopes
- Drawing guidelines and working on dark paper
- In-class project: personalized notecards
- One-on-one feedback and individualized attention
All supplies and materials are included, and each class participant will receive a calligraphy kit to use in class in class and then take home. Intermediate-level calligraphy kits include: two pen holders, nibs, tube of gouache, ink mixing container, pencil, ruler, eraser, guidelines, practice alphabet, envelope guidelines template, practice paper, notecard paper, and envelopes
TICKET PRICE: $125
PREREQUISITE: Beginner Modern Calligraphy class
NOTE: Class size is limited to 8 students.
Have additional questions? Please check out our Class FAQ.
Classes are held at the INK MEETS PAPER Studio in North Charleston.
4411 Spruill Avenue
North Charleston, SC 29405